Thursday, September 30, 2010

She hates dogs and old things

This last weekend I went for a girls getaway to This Resort. It was lovely and oddly warm for this time of year.
There was much Swiss goodness to partake of including a delicious bakery on site where the people moved slowly and the goodies behind the glass sparkled with evil delight making it impossible not to induldge in their goodness!
I was only forty mintues from home but I must have spoken to my children and husband a zillion times.
We dig each other like that!
Long ago my friend and I christened these getaways as "Sleep-o-rama's". The idea of the sleep-o-rama is to sleep,digital scrapbook, sleep, eat, sleep....well, you get the idea. Only the sad thing is that the older we get the less sleeping we seem to do on these "sleep-o-ramas". We are too busy multitasking in our regular lives so we must feel the need to multitask on sleep-o-rama too?
We also took some maternity shots since she is heading into the home stretch with Baby B.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


She calls her other children her little bear cubs so I was quite pleased to find a little bear on the carousel to show that she has another little cub on the way!
And of course we had to do the heart on the belly because c'mon, who doesn't love the heart!


On every sleep-o-rama we get laughing about something fantasticly funny (only to us). Our husbands say that we think we are soooooooooo funny....I say we KNOW we are soooooooooo funny!
I think one of my favorite quotes from this trip came from my pregnant Pookey when upon my discovery of a wonderful yard full of decrepit old iron furniture and discarded gems she replied....
"I hate dogs.....and old things."
There was something about the delivery of the line that I felt like it needed to be stitched on a sampler and hanging on the wall of her home.