Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blogging

I really suck as a blogger.
It's not that I don't have anything to blog about, I do, I do have things to blog about. But then the things will come and go and I won't blog about them and then more things come and go and come and go and pretty soon I'm so far behind on blogging anything interesting that I just don't do it.
Plus the stuff that I find interesting may just be interesting to me!
Photobucket

The night before the school year started I said a little prayer to please, please make time slow down.
And then my daughter turned nine.
I know she probably gets tired of us talking about the day she was born, or when she was little, or telling her about clever things she did when she was three.
Last night I held her close and kissed the top of her head that now sits right below my chin when she is standing and I told her how much I love her.
"You are a really wonderful girl."
I said.
"You were a terrible baby but a wonderful girl."
And then we both laughed. Because she was a terrible baby!
I was reading through her twenty seven birthday cards that she got from her classmates yesterday and the common theme in most of them was that they loved how nice and funny she is, they like her smile and they like it when she helps them.
Those are really awesome qualities.
She truly is one of the funniest people I know.
She reminds me of an old time comedienne.
Think Abbot and Costello or Laurel and Hardy.... or even Lucille Ball.
She is the master of the pratfall and her timing is genius!
And she is nice. She wants to make sure everybody is included and hates injustices of any sort being done to people.
Helpful......I am glad she helps her friends because when I ask her to do something here I am usually greeted by a MONUMENTAL sigh of irritation.
Unless I ask her to give me a hug!
Photobucket
On her birthday she kept talking about how exciting it will be when she turns sixteen.
Her dad and I almost had a heart attack.
Little does she know we will never let her turn sixteen! That is forbidden!