Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Let's get crabs!

Let the summer vacation begin!
Today was the last day of school for the kiddos and it was bittersweet. They are sad to be leaving their friends and teachers. My youngest daughter began crying at dinner last night when she told me about her teacher packing up the classroom while they watched a movie.
She loves her teacher.
I love her teacher.
She was like a wonderful fairy sent down to watch over my girl this school year.
My oldest daughter also was going to miss her friends. And her teacher, not the sub that had to fill in for the last two months because her amazing teacher had to leave with some serious medical issues, but her real teacher.
I bought a little plant for her to take her sub today to say thanks.
"She doesn't deserve it." Was her reply. "I will take it to my real teacher."
And so that is what we will do!

After school the girls brought some friends home to play play play and then after the friends left my youngest daughter said,
"Let's get crabs!"
Huh? Isn't that usually something you hear being yelled out on a street corner where hookers congregate?
"You know, crabs. The crab place. Crabs!"
And I did know.
Red Lobster.


Photobucket
For some reason those girlies have a thing for Red Lobster.
So we decided to make it a special night and go to Red Lobster for an end of school year feast!
I know, I know. You can stop shaking your heads....it isn't that bad!
It is hard to believe that next year I will have a second grader and a fourth grader.



Photobucket
Photobucket
And don't forget a preschooler.
Photobucket
And I guess Po is planning to go with him to preschool since I will only get that from him if I pry it from his cold lifeless grip!
He carries the entire set of these Kung Fu Panda toys around in his arms. It takes him a very long time to get from point A to point B with so many toys.
And everyday he reminds us that we have not yet gotten him the bird.
"Ma, no bird?"
Today we stopped by McDonalds to see if that blasted bird (crane) has come out yet. Nope, not yet.
Maybe Friday.
We pulled away from the window with a little boy screaming..."NO BIRD!" as big fat tears streamed down his face.
Smile son, it's summer!