Sunday, March 14, 2010

Nocturnal


Tonight we turned on the t.v. while we ate dinner.
Normally I don't allow t.v. on while we eat dinner but tonight it was the only way to get some peace and quiet and enjoy our meal because my son was a whiny mess.
He would eat his fishsticks.
He would eat his carrots.
He would eat his bread.
But he wanted to do it with t.v.
And I wanted a peaceful meal.
So he won.
We watched The Goodnight Show on Sprout. And pretty soon Brian and I were discussing the fact that fireflies are nocturnal.
Nina was explaining to Star that Lucy the firefly got to stay up late because she was nocturnal.
"I didn't know that fireflies were nocturnal?" I replied, suddenly very interested in the Goodnight Show.
"Oh yeah, they are totally nocturnal."
And for the next ten minutes we talked about fireflies.
It was a great discussion and I learned something new.
I guess that Goodnight show at dinner isn't so bad afterall.
Maybe tomorrow they will talk about why Nina wears those same pajamas every single night?
Those pajamas bug the crap out of me so I would definitely tune in for that!